2022 NMDT Hotel Policy & Rules
OUR NMDT PARTNER HOTELS WILL BE ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS STARTING NOV. 15TH, 2021
FOR ALL OUR 2022 ROOM BLOCKS
OUR STRONG DIRECT PARTNERSHIPS WITH TOP HOTELS AND TOP HOTEL CHAINS PROVIDE TEAMS WITH THE BEST AVAILABLE PRICING AND SERVICES. THE NMDT CONTRACTS DIRECTLY WITH OUR HOTELS, NO THIRD PARTIES ARE USED, THEREFORE OUR HOTELS ARE MORE AFFORDABLE AND SAVE TEAMS MONEY.
STARTING NOV. 15TH PLEASE USE OUR INTERACTIVE HOTELS AND FIELDS MAP TO HELP YOU LOCATE THE HOTEL CLOSEST TO YOUR FIELDS. PLEASE CONTACT THE HOTELS DIRECTLY TO RESERVE YOUR ROOMS.
TRAVELING TEAM MANAGERS/CLUB ADMINISTRATORS MUST REVIEW OUR HOTEL POLICY & RULES PRESENTED BELOW. FAILURE TO KNOW OUR POLICY COULD SUBJECT YOUR TEAM TO NON-ACCEPTANCE OR REMOVAL FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
ANY HOTEL OR FIELD QUESTIONS YOU MAY CONTACT MARK MISKIN – TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR AT NEEDHAMTOURNEY@ NEEDHAMSOCCER.COM
2022 Hotel Policy
To ensure the quality of service provided during the Needham Memorial Day Tournament has put in place a Stay and Play Hotel Policy.
WHAT IS A “STAY AND PLAY” TOURNAMENT?
Simply stated, if your team requires hotel accommodations your team must stay at one of the approved participating tournament partner hotels. These participating hotels are reviewable by clicking our Hotel and Field Map. (Reservations can be made prior to being accepted and should be made ASAP as the hotels fill up quickly).
WHY IS THIS TOURNAMENT A “STAY AND PLAY” TOURNAMENT?
We work very hard to keep our costs down and also balance the economic impact a tournament like ours can have towards the metropolitan Boston area. The approved hotels on this website assist with both concerns and the following are Benefits to the Teams:
- To make it manageable we have room nights “blocked” for our out-of-town teams from our participating Partner Tournament Hotels.
- Because we do not use a Third Party Housing Group and we negotiate large blocks of rooms with the hotels directly, you’ll find a wide variety of best pricing and amenities from our hotels.
- To obtain these block rates we need to Enforce a 2-night minimum stay.
- Care in selecting location and proximity to our playing fields (see our field age group/field location chart to find out where your team most likely will be playing so you can lock down hotels near your fields).
- All of our tournament hotels have been approved due to their quality and desire to give our guests the best tournament experience.
- Room inventory is shared with the tournament to ensure that room demands can be met from year to year.
- By using participating tournament partner hotels the Needham Memorial Day Tournament can offer our “Act of God” or Force Majeure Clause. This state’s “Should this event be canceled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer’s control (including weather), all outstanding reservations will be released at no charge to the participants” As we have learned due to Covid-19 and the Coronavirus this is very important for teams.
WHY ARE THERE PENALTIES FOR NOT ABIDING BY OUR HOTEL “STAY & PLAY” POLICY?
In order to best serve our out-of-town teams we need this to be a win-win for our guest teams and our hotels partners…If the rules are not followed then we jeopardize our relationships with these hotels and this could potentially add more costs to the teams.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR NOT FOLLOWING OUR POLICY?
- An accepted team to the 2022 tournament who requires overnight accommodations and does not stay in one of our approved partner hotels will not be accepted to the tournament.
- An accepted team to the 2022 tournament who requires overnight accommodations and double books their team at more than one hotel will not be accepted to the tournament or will be removed from the tournament.
- Teams who do not stay the required 2 minimum will jeopardize forfeiting their games and not be allowed to return to the tournament the next year.
- The Needham Memorial Day Tournament does not use a hotel service bureau. A hotel confirmation will be needed to be entered into your GotSoccer Registration prior to our acceptance deadline.
WHAT IF OUR TEAM DOES NOT GET ACCEPTED AND WE HAVE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Teams will be able to cancel their hotel reservation if they are not accepted to the tournament.
Hotel Rules and Regulations
Dear Needham Memorial Day Tournament Invitational and College Showcase Participant:
In order to preserve the well-being of the players and ALL hotel guests, we ask that coaches, guardians, and parents keep close supervision at all times. The following guidelines have also been implemented to ensure the safety and comfort of all.
- Please note that no ball Play will be allowed inside the Hotel. Should any of our Associates or Management witness any ball playing within the Hotel, it will be removed, labeled, and kept in a secure location.
- Per Massachusetts State Fire Regulations, no more than _______ individuals per room.
- Children found running or causing any disturbance in the public areas (including hallways and stairwells) will be escorted back to their room by an associate or Security.
- For the protection and safety of all, all children must be supervised in the pool area.
- Please also note that children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the workout area or Jacuzzi.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in public or non-approved areas.
- Our observed Quiet Hours are from 10pm – 7am.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult after 10pm
- Disturbances found to be coming from a guestroom will be addressed by either an Associate of the Hotel or Security. A second warning will be issued, should the disturbance continue. In the event that the disturbance occurs a third time, an Associate will be accompanied by a Police Officer. At this time the occupants of the room will be asked to leave the Hotel. There will be no monetary refund from the hotel.
We apologize for any inconveniences these guidelines may cause you, though our goal is to provide the utmost in service to all our honored guests. Your assistance and compliance is greatly appreciated. We hope that your weekend is both enjoyable and relaxing.
– PLEASE TAKE NOTE –
DUE TO SOME NON-COMPLIANCE OF OUR HOTEL RULES IN PAST YEARS WE HAVE INSTITUTED NEW RULES THIS YEAR
COLLEGE SHOWCASE U16 – U19 BOYS AND U15 – U19 GIRLS TEAMS ONLY
RULES FOR BOOKING ROOMS AT OUR TOURNAMENT PARTNER HOTELS
- ALL TEAMS REQUIRING HOTEL ROOMS MUST STAY IN OUR PARTNER HOTELS IN ORDER TO PLAY IN OUR TOURNAMENT
- Call hotels directly Monday – Friday, sales staff are not there on weekends. Some hotels have direct online links you may use.
- Room Blocks have been made for Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night
- 2 Night Minimum is required – Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday or 3 Nights
- All Hotel Rooms must be booked by February 15th, 2022 in order to be accepted to the Tournament
- Teams should book prior to acceptance into the tournament.
- Teams will be able to cancel rooms if they are not accepted into the tournament
- Any team caught Double Booking Hotels will be removed from the tournament.
- All teams must enter their hotel information in GotSoccer.
- Please inquire with your hotel when booking a team block regarding Sunday commitments if your team does not make it through to Monday play a 2-night minimum is still required.
~Hotel Reservations Should be Made as Soon as Teams Register for the 2022 Needham Memorial Day Tournament ~
History has Shown Rooms Go Very Quick!