Team Check-In Information & Requirements
We are aware Team Check-in can be a challenge. However, the NMDT has implemented two ways for your teams to Check-in to our 2018 tournament without having to wait in huge lines. Our 1st option, which we highly recommend, is using our Fast Lane system (Email or US Mail). Our 2nd option is our In-Person Check-in.
- Fast Lane teams who have received their pass by email do not need to come to in-person check in UNLESS you have roster additions.
- We can only accept the NMDT Medical Release Form – this is needed for each player. We cannot accept other forms for legal and insurance reasons.
- On the Team Check-in Cover Sheet you will be required to give us ONE on-site phone contact to be used in the event of a critical situation. This person will be responsible for contacting the rest of your team. This number should be available 24/7 throughout the tournament.
- Be sure to have access to e-mail and the internet during the tournament. Schedule and other changes will be communicated via the tournament website and e-mail. All tournament hotels will have internet connections available.
- We will be randomly checking a small number of Fast Lane teams before games to ensure that all players on the field are rostered for the tournament, have medical releases on hand, and that age requirements are met. A team who knowingly plays a player(s) who has not been properly checked-in via the the tournament Team Check-in process will forfeit all remaining games and be removed from the tournament. No refunds will be allowed.
- For College Showcase teams only: You must enter your roster online into the GotSoccer system by May 15th in order to be included in the Tournament Player Profile Book which will be made available to college coaches. Players should create GotSoccer Accounts if they do not already have one and update their information again for College Coaches to view.
Team Check-In Requirements
For both options, Fast Lane and Regular In-Person, you need to complete the same paperwork.
1. Current approved league roster. Cross out any players not attending. You may write in guest players onto league rosters and provide proof of age and insurance from a state entity or US Soccer.
Tip: As long as you have room, it is a good idea to roster and submit paperwork for any player that you think might play for you at the tournament – this can save you from having to add a player, get releases, insurance etc. at the last minute.
2. One form of proof of age for each player – listed below in order of preference:
a. Name and birth date on an official league roster OR
b. Name and birth date on an official pass-card OR
c. Copy of birth certificate OR passport (for these players we also need proof of insurance from a state entity or US Soccer)
Please send ONLY ONE form of proof of age for each player- i.e. Please do NOT send a birth certificate if you have a pass-card or name on a league roster. This will help keep the size of the fast lane files reasonable.
3. A signed NMDT Medical Release for each player on your team. The form must be completed and hand signed by a parent or legal guardian. No forms other than the official Needham Memorial Day Tournament Medical Release form can be accepted.
4. Permission to travel form if you are outside of Region 1.
5. 2018 Manager Check-in Cover Print, complete checklist, and sign checklist. Use this checklist to make sure you have all the correct paperwork on hand.
6. For College Showcase teams only: You must enter your roster online into the GotSoccer system by May 15th in order to be included in the tournament book that will be made available to college coaches.