College Showcase Information
Team Game Video/Player Highlights
The Needham Memorial Day Tournament is proud to partner with First Scout to provide game film and highlights for college recruiting! All filming will be done from an ideal elevated perspective and only pre-ordered games will be filmed. For more information or to pre-order, please call 877-516-4096 or visit https://www.firstscout.tv/2021-nmdt/
Please note, First Scout is the exclusive filming provider and no outside filming is allowed at the event.
Inside College Athletic Recruitment – Your College Athletic Recruiting Journey
The goal of Inside College Athletic Recruitment is to help prospective college athletes and their families maximize their potential during the recruitment process and optimize the resources available to them.
This course will help families understand:
- How to get started on the college athletics recruitment journey.
- How to navigate the college search during a pandemic.
- What college coaches look for in prospects.
- Best strategies to get noticed.
- How to correspond with a coach.
Player Profile Instructions
This year we are using the GotSoccer System to provide player information to the college coaches attending our College Showcase. As in the past, we provide college coaches with a Team Player Profile Book. This Profile Book contains a one-page profile about the players on your team and all the College Showcase Games and Times by gender. The Tournament will be sending this information to the Colleges Coaches Signed up for the NMDT.
Team Managers – Please follow these GotSoccer instructions:
• Log into your team’s account for the current tournament application under “Team Account” at www.gotsport.com Once you are in your account, click on “Roster”. This will be located on the Gray Bar at the top of the page.
• All Rosters NEED to be updated for the Tournament regardless, as provided in the Team Manager’s Check-in Procedure
• You can Add Players to your roster…
• Once in the “Roster” section, scroll down and click on the “Add Player” button.
• When you are in the “Add Player” section complete as much as you can, but make sure to complete the required fields.
• Player’s Name:
• Jersey Number:
• Graduation Year:
• Email address:
• Then Click the Save Button
• The page will update to show Tabs that allow you to add all:
• College Recruiting Information
• If you already have your Rosters Updated just make sure the College Recruiting Information is updated.
• For the player profile books, only the rosters and the college recruiting information will be used and accessible to the college coaches. The other sections are very useful for keeping all of your team records in one place.
• You will have the option of adding all of the information about each player directly, OR you can have the login information for each player sent to them and have them fill out the rest of the information.
• Directions on sending login Information to your players can be found on the player’s Account info” Tab.
• Complete these steps for every player on your roster and for whom will be guest playing that weekend.
• Players should be contacting the College Coaches they are interested in directly and let them know they will be playing at our tournament, sending them times of their games and tell them their information is in the GotSoccer system.